This is a list of reasons I or my lady friends have rejected men in my/our lives. Read on, “nice guys,” you just may learn something!
Why I rejected you:
- I am not physically attracted to you and unfortunately physical attraction matters a great deal when it comes to relationship chemistry.
- Aspects of your lifestyle / your habits bother me.
- I am interested in someone else more than I am in you. I cannot help that. You could not help being attracted to me, could you?
- Our political/religious/sexual values differ too much and I cannot get past that.
- I am not thinking long-term.
- I am thinking long-term, and your desired future and mine do not match up.
- Our interests are too different and we have no common ground.
- I don’t actually know you that well.
- You don’t actually know me that well.
- I find your personality charming but not enough to forge a romantic interest.
- The speed at which you went from meeting me to developing a romantic interest frightens me.
- I am going through personal issues in my life which make it difficult for me to focus on romantic relationships. You have to respect that.
- You can be rude at times.
- You can be a bad listener at times.
- You can be shallow at times.
- You are meek and I find that unattractive.
- You established yourself as a purely platonic friend early on in our friendship and therefore I am unable to see you as anything but that.
Reasons why I did not reject you:
- I am filled with internalized misogyny and gravitate towards “assholes.”
- You are “too nice.”
- I am purposely screwing with your head.
- I’m a bitch.
Okee dokee, hope that helped!
By the way, I am a proud dater of a nice man. Not a “nice guy.” A very nice, caring, compassionate and sexy man. But he’s not a “nice guy.” He doesn’t have a victim complex.